I spent 2 days last week cleaning up my sewing room. I was sorting scraps most of the time. I also found some flannel and minky scraps and books to give to a quilting friend. I filled a giveaway box with fabrics that weren't quiting cotton: lawn, upholstery samples, silk and linen. I know I might wish I had these fabrics someday, but the truth is I probably wouldn't be able to find them if I needed them, and what I really need is storage space, not more scraps. There is more cleaning and sorting to be done in my sewing room, but now I'm burned out on organization and just want to sew.
I have a ton of blue and green scraps to use up. I also have a whole tub of selvages. There must be at least two quilts in this tub!
I have a ton of blue and green scraps to use up. I also have a whole tub of selvages. There must be at least two quilts in this tub!
Used this week: 4.75 (binding Stars Around the Corner, charity top)
Used year to date: 21.625 yards
Added this week: 3.875 (red from QC, blue for charity quilt, pillowcase fabric)
Added year to date: 17.125 yards
Net Used: 4.5 yards
Linking up: http://www.patchworktimes.com/2017/02/05/stash-report-february-5-2017/
Used year to date: 21.625 yards
Added this week: 3.875 (red from QC, blue for charity quilt, pillowcase fabric)
Added year to date: 17.125 yards
Net Used: 4.5 yards
Linking up: http://www.patchworktimes.com/2017/02/05/stash-report-february-5-2017/
3 comments:
I have a hard time getting rid of scraps too, but when I do and it frees up space I feel so much better.
Good numbers, Laura. Sometimes we just have to buy.
I know how you feel about having too many scraps, but that's my goal this year -- use them up!! Your numbers are good for the year so far. I had to laugh at your remark about there being 2 quilts in that tub. I will be waiting to see them emerge. lol
Post a Comment