Saturday, February 11, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Aqua

I worked on RSC this week.  Aqua is not a color I tend to buy, but my friend Holly has given me a lot of aqua scraps lately.  I made 19 string blocks:


And two Inverted Star blocks.  


This brings my total Inverted Star blocks up to eight.  I think I need at least 24 to make a decent sized quilt.  




13 comments:

Ariane said...

Love the string and inverted star blocks!

Vicki in MN said...

OMG, Laura I love all your inverted stars-so pretty. Is there a pattern for this? Your strings are awesome too!

Robby said...

Funny how I didn't notice the inverted stars until this post, in this color. I'm sure you've shown them before, but I have a ton of scraps this color from another project. That star may be just the ticket to using them up! Thanks for the beautiful inspiration in your pictures.

Edith said...

Love the inverted star blocks, so crisp and clean looking.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I have GOT to try those Inverted Star blocks!! Yours are SEW beautiful.

Wendy F said...

Your inverted star blocks are great ... you inspired me to start some of my own. Thanks!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love your star blocks! That is such an interesting block, and pretty in the rainbow of colors!

Rachel said...

Very pretty! I love the inverted stars, those will be gorgeous together. And the pops of red in your string blocks are great!

claudia said...

The inverted stars look great! I love the colors all together. They are going to make a great quilt!

momi_machts said...

love it

Anita Jackson @ Domestic Felicity said...

Great Blocks!

Janice Holton said...

Love this block! How big does it finish? You'll have a gorgeous quilt when you're done. :)

Nicky said...

Those stars are gorgeous. Funnily enough I have lots of aqua in my stash and almost no real blues! Thanks for linking up with #scraptastictuesday