Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Back To Talkin' Turkey

 I started Talkin' Turkey about two years ago.  I pulled it out again after I got the Project of Doom off my design wall.  I got the blocks sewn into rows and figured out which outer borders I still needed to make.


It hung on my design wall for 4 days before I found the mistake.  This won't be difficult to correct since it is on an end.



This quilt has a complicated border involving over 200 flying geese units, and I don't know if I can stand to do them all at once.  I think I'll just get the center together and do the flying geese a little at a time.

Linking up: http://www.joscountryjunction.com/ufo-challenge-11/


8 comments:

Susie Q said...

I like your version very much and have to agree that many flying geese all at once is a bit much. Onward.....

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Only one mistake isn't bad. Glad it's in a place where you can fix it easily enough.

Mary said...

I bet you're glad you caught it. It looks great

maggie fellow said...

pesky little triangles - the quilt is great

Kathy S. said...

Gorgeous! Love the red and white! Glad your misplaced block was on the edge.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Talkin' Turkey is on my bucket list--love how yours is coming along!

Northern Deb said...

The 200 geese would make great leader/ended blocks. ❤️ your quilt...my favorite color!

Anonymous said...

Really pretty. I have to do quilts in small segments or 200 geese units would make me grumpy to do all at once.