The quilting was done by Virginia Longarm in Goochland. Melissa picked the pattern for me. She has a great sense of which quilting pattern to use on a quilt, and I'm always happy with her choices.
Most of this quilt was made with RSC blocks. I am thinking about making another one of these quilts using whatever colors pop up in the RSC.
Linking up: https://busyhandsquilts.blogspot.com/2019/08/craftsman-baby-quilt-finished-or-not.html
http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/2019/08/scraphappy-saturday.html
https://meadowmistdesigns.blogspot.com/2019/08/favorite-finish-monthly-linkup-august.html
Stash Report:
Used this week: 4.75 yards (EotR back)
Used year to date: 102.875 yards
Added this week: 9.25 yards (shop hop trip)
Added year to date: 107.875 yards
Net Added: 5.0 yards





14 comments:
Nice quilt. I love brights. I've not tried to do funky binding yet.
That is a gorgeous quilt! Beautiful finish!
This quilt is WONDERFUL! I love the "crumbs" that make up the rectangles. And the binding! The look is totally worth the work. Congratulations on a terrific finish.
great job- great quilt- great finish! congrats!
Gorgeous quilt!!
This is one of my favorite patterns in that book. You and your quilter did a lovely job with the quilt!!
i love this quilt so much i have started one- yours looks really nice
Fabulous job! The binding changing colors is really cool. I purposefully changed colors on a binding with the colors strategically placed. You're right - it's not that hard but does require a bit of concentration. Love your quilt!
Stunning! I love Melissa Cory quilt patterns. They are so versatile.
Very nice. I love the colors. I often say I'm going to use my stash for a quilt, but usually end up buying fabric anyway!
It's beautiful!
I hear you on being out of patience by the time it is time to make the binding. Good for you on making the colors match up - it was totally worth the extra effort.
Lovely quilt! Rainbows make me so happy :) And the binding turned out beautiful, perfect... xo Melanie
www.mellmeyer.de
This is so beautiful! This quilt is on my "someday" list!
Post a Comment